Are you experiencing a dental emergency? If you require immediate medical attention, call 911 right away. If you require an emergency dentist in Meridian ID, call Dr. Fred Stillings! Our team is experienced in an array of dental emergencies and will be able to provide you with immediate and comprehensive emergency care at an affordable cost. We are dedicated to offering our patients the highest-quality dental care in the Meridian area. Read below to learn more information on dental emergencies.
What Qualifies as a Dental Emergency?
There are clear signs that will determine if you are experiencing a dental emergency. If you exhibit any of these signs, call our emergency dentist in Meridian:
• Shooting, severe, persistent pain
• Excessive bleeding from the gums or tooth area
• Knocked out tooth
• A chipped tooth with sharp edges
• An infection like an abscess, which can be potentially fatal if ignored
• Loose or wiggly teeth as an adult
What is NOT a Dental Emergency?
• Slight but frequent pain; this pain can be monitored and brought up at your next appointment
• A chipped tooth with no sharp edges; this is a cosmetic issue as long as it has no sharp edges and does not go up to the gumline
• A lost filling or crown can wait a couple of days, but try to keep food and debris out of the area; call our office to schedule the next available appointment.
Knocked Out Tooth
If you have suddenly knocked out a tooth, do not panic. There are some steps you can take to potentially save your tooth. Call our Meridian emergency dentist right away to let Dr. Stillings know you are on your way with the tooth. Do not pick up the tooth by the root; pick it up with a tissue by the chewing surface. Put the tooth in milk or you could even put it back in the socket if possible.
If it is a child’s tooth, do not put it back in the tooth socket because it may cause damage to the adult tooth forming underneath the surface. Try and arrive at our office within 30 minutes of knocking your tooth out in an attempt to save your tooth. If you can’t arrive at our office within that window, it is possible that you may need a restorative dental treatment.
A tooth abscess is a serious dental health issue and it is vital that you call Dr. Stillings if you believe you may have one. An abscess is an infection in the tooth root area that develops over time because of a buildup of plaque and tartar. An untreated cavity can develop into an abscess if not taken care of early on. If left untreated, a dental abscess can be potentially fatal. If you notice that you have severe tooth pain in one area, it is possible that you may have a dental abscess. Call Dr. Stillings right away for an immediate appointment.
If you believe you may be experiencing a dental emergency, call our emergency dentist in Meridian ID right away. You can reach Dr. Stilling's by calling (208) 377-3206.